|I purchased this 1988 Cape Dory 27 Flybridge Cruiser
in July of 2004. She had been on the hard for nine years, according to the
previous owner due to a variety of circumstances. I would suggest that "NEO"
is in all likelihood the nicest Cape Dory in the World, unless someone else
has done the same retrofits that I have. With the exception of the Volvo
TAMD41A which has approximately 700 hours on it, everything else has been
renewed. I am selling her as I am moving down to a trailer-able boat. She
currently is stored inside in Portland, CT and is scheduled to come outside
in May for commissioning. If you are serious about a Cape Dory 28, I urge
you to look at the others for sale and then look at NEO.
or 413 259 2900
for more photos.
The following are some of the improvements I have
- Every exterior portion of the boat has been
awl gripped, including the nonskid.
- This was done with all hardware, railings,
ports, deck fills, flying bridge and windows removed. As the pictures
indicate, all gel coat crazing was properly ground out so that they
- All new windows (American Windows out of FL)
were installed as were all beckson ports.
- All new 5/4 teak grab rails were manufactured
- Complete interior varnished with 5 coats of
- Installed ash ceiling strips in V Berth.
- All new fuel hoses, fill & vent.
- All new water hose, fill & vent.
- All new s.s deck fills.
- All new s.s thru hulls.
- Re-bedded the swim platform and installed
backer plate fender washers.
- All exterior teak renewed with sikkens cetol.
- New Boot Stripe.
- Boat stripped down to the gel coat, and SIX
interlux 2000 barrier coats applied.
- New custom built holding tank (55-60 gal)
with Sealand pump. All new hoses and valves.
- All new engine room vents & hoses.
- All new Steering Helms and Ram and fluid.
- All new interior cushions.
- New Bimini & Frame.
- New Bilge pump.
- Rebuilt Oil Cooler.
- All new engine hoses & o rings, new antifreeze,
removed and flushed out heat exchanger.
- New Hot water heater.
- New Depth sounders and knot meters both stations.
- New VHF Radio & Repeater for Flybridge.
- Custom inserts in teak treads on Flybridge
ladder and cockpit corner steps, as well as hinged storage box in galley.
- New Formica on Salon table.
- New wind screen for the FlyBridge.